Friday, September 9, 2011

Standing in the Gap Day 3- Identity

Creation of Man by Michelangelo

Prayer:

God, Creator of all things, I praise You for blessing me with (Name/s). I pray his/her identity as Your child and Your handiwork would be impressed on his/her heart today. Help (Name/s) to know that You have called him/her by name and that s/he Yours. I decree, (Name/s) would always know, we are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, Your special possession, that we may declare Your praises. 

Thank you for making (Name/s) into a new creation; free and made alive, through Christ. I declare,  s/he would always know that You have made him/her more than conquerors and that s/he is marked with a seal; Your promised Holy Spirit. 

I claim, (Name/s) identity would come from being a co-heir with Christ, not from what the world deems important. I pray s/he would know full well that s/he is perfectly, fearfully and wonderfully made; and that your works are wonderful. As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, I claim (Name/s) will be clothed with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience just like Your Son Jesus, Amen.



Romans 8:16-17
Psalm 139:14
2 Corinthians 5:17
Romans 8:37
John 8:36
1 Corinthians 15:22
Isaiah 43:1
1 Peter 2:9
Ephesians 1:13
Ephesians 2:10
Colossians 3:12


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this one Lynnette! It is going in my journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Brandee- thank you I really like this one too. Could use this myself!

    @ Ellece- Welcome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...