Tuesday, September 6, 2011

God is in Control

As my kids return to school, reality hits me. I am not in control. The best thing I can do for my sanity and my kids is trust God. I have to remember that He is in control and that He is watching over my kids when I am not. While I cannot physically be with them, I can pray for them.

I am going to try something new here at mismatched socks. I am going to start a series called "Standing in the Gap." Everyday, for 31 days, I am going to write a prayer for us to pray over our children and I will provide scripture to go with it. At the end of 31 days I will have a great download for you- a sort of prayer cheat-sheet that you can use throughout the coming months and years.

Please join me as we cover our kids with prayer and God's blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! Standing in the Gap is what I used to call my blog :)

    We started "The Power of a Praying Wife Devotional" today over at Jessica Kirkland's FB page "Jessie prays" if you would be interested in doing that. It is a whole new book of devos and prayers for yourself, marriage and husband. Good stuff!

    BTW, loved your post from yesterday. I can so relate! I keep trying to fill my time with things that are NOT part of what God said at She Speaks. SIGH...that confidence thing. But as I sat here this morning Lynnette and wrote and prayed I had so much peace, this is what I need to be doing. I just have to always remember it may just be that one life that is affected, I still need to be obedient. I had a lady at church this weekend stand up a give a praise about how God has been dealing with her about spending more time with her family. Her husband is not saved and does not go to church and she is there every time the doors are open. God has burdened my heart for a long time to pray for her and I have been, but no one knew that until this weekend and when she stood up it was confirmation that I was fulfilling my calling. Praying, speaking and writing to women...not selling and trying to market Creative Memories, lol. I have left that in God's hands and will just see what happens in three months. I would LOVE to keep doing that just to have it as a side thing, but not going to go out there and put a ton of effort into it.

    Love ya friend! Keep walking in daily obedience. Brandee

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...