Saturday, September 10, 2011

Standing in the Gap Day 4- Character


Almighty God, Your Word says, a good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Please place that desire into (Name/s) heart today. Enable me to teach my child/ren that the idea and definitions of good character come from Your Word, not from the world. I decree (Name/s) will grow in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. I say that all people will know (Name/s) as a person of noble character. I pray, s/he will stand up for what is right, even when it is difficult. And when s/he seems to be standing alone, Father, (Name/s) will feel Your presence and Your strength.


God, I claim, when s/he suffers for his/her beliefs, s/he will be glad, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because Your love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. In the Precious name of Jesus, Amen.
Proverbs 22:1
Ruth 3:11b
Luke 2:52
Acts 17:11
Romans 5:3-5
1 Corinthians 15:33

 

This morning I was reminded of a message I heard this summer. Pastor Daniels impressed upon me the importance of praying for and blessing our children. She said, while it is important to pray for them, it is edifying for our children to hear us pray for them, it increases their security to hear us go to God on their behalf and to thank God for them being part of our family. I decided that I will pray these prayers over my children tonight before I tuck them in. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Such a timely prayer for me today. Still grieving my little one's admittance to a group residential facility after many years of intensive parenting. Now that she's there (and her behaviors and challenges aren't here...) I've been breathing prayer on her behalf every day. Praying this one for her too. And Psalm 42... Thanks for sharing your link on Moms Together today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Laurie- Welcome! I will be praying for you and your little one today. Thank you for stopping by and saying "hi".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...