Saturday, March 6, 2010

Don't Get Mad....

Last night at dinner, Mr. D said "Mom, don't get mad, get glad". I thought he was just parroting a commercial he had heard, but then it came back to me again today. Maybe there is more to it?

What is written?
Habakkuk 3:17-18 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my savior. Now that is trouble! It is so easy to get upset and frustrated during the day. Things don't go as I plan and it seems that I can't get past it- the anger and frustration keeps stacking up. I recently heard Beth Moore talking about trouble she said "irritations are not tribulations". I face irritations everyday! I need to work on keeping it all in perspective.

Philippians 4:4,7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Why rejoice again and again? When we are rejoicing and praising God, even in the midst of trouble, we are focusing on the good not the bad. We cannot be rejoicing and sinning at the same time. Prov 29:22 An angry man stirs up dissension, and a hot-tempered one commits many sins. And Prov 10:19 When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. It is not what happens to me but how I react that really matters, so rejoice (as long as it takes)!

John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. We will face trials of many kinds, but this testing is what makes us more like Christ.

So the next time there are three spills during dinner and library books and homework are ruined in the process.... I will remember "Don't get mad, get glad and rejoice!" (I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...