Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dirty Windows

I lingered at the breakfast table this morning, enjoying my coffee and the rare Michigan sun. I listened to the chatter of Mr. D and Little Miss, as they anticipated the day ahead.

I broke into their conversation, "You two need to stop drawing on my windows!"

That rare sun I had previously been enjoying, caught and magnified the artwork made by food-covered fingers. Before my negative thoughts could whisk me away to that solitary island where my work is never appreciated, God whispered, "those fingerprints will be gone soon."

I stopped. Oh Lord, You are right. My sweet children are growing up before me. The preschool toys are slowly making their way to new homes and the days of full-day school are in sight. It won't be long before they stop asking me to play with them or read to them. Too soon they will want to spend their time talking with friends instead of me. It is ok, I know that is part of the process, but God, help me appreciate this time and this moment.

"I guess it doesn't bother me that much" I said, "I like your drawings, no matter where they are." Mr. D replied, "Mom, even when I'm 18, I will still draw on your windows." I laughed, I won't let it bother me... at least for today.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...