Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Be Still

"Momma, I can't sleep." It was his third visit to my reading chair since I put him to bed a minute ago. "Let's go," I said. I stood and ushered him back to his room.

"Be still," they were the only words I spoke as I re-tucked blankets and re-rubbed his back.

Sitting in the silence of his room, my worries from the day came quicker than his sleep.



Isn't that what my Father says too?

“Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10a

Always so much easier to say than do.


He is God, able to do abundantly more than I can ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20) and yet there are days I am captive to my thoughts and doubts. There are days I am unable to accomplish anything because everything is too big.

Why can't I just be still for a moment and turn to Him, the One who can?

Why won't I surrender and say "it is not through my power, but through Your's"?

Why don't I know that He is God?

Be still and know.






Father God, thank you for reminding me you are always with me. Please teach me to be still and remember that you are in control. Help me to know that you are abundantly able to do all things. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...