Friday, July 1, 2011

Pastor Mom (or Dad)

Photo from: photostock
The most important ministry God will ever give you is to lead your children to Jesus.

Everyday, we must take up our cross and follow him the best way that we can because our children are always watching. That doesn't mean that we should be perfect and never stumble. God said we are all sinners, we have all fallen short of the glory of God - even parents. It means, that we need to be open and honest with our children about the times that we make mistakes. We say to our children, "I'm sorry, Mommy was not her best today." We ask our children for forgiveness and then, we pray out loud in front of them, and ask God for forgiveness too.

live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way -Colossians 1:10

Live a life worthy to be copied. Be a good example for your kids today, they are watching.



Who are the children in your life that need to hear about Jesus?

What can you teach them today about following God with all your heart?



God, please give me a thorough knowledge and understanding of Your will. I want to live a life worthy of You and please You in every way. As I learn more about you God, thank you for teaching me how to be a better parent. Please strengthen me so that I may have great endurance and patience. Strengthen me Lord, not with the grim strength of gritting my teeth and just getting by, but with the glory-strength that only You can provide. This is the kind of strength that endures the unendurable and then spills over into joy. Thank you Father for making me strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that You have for me. Thank you for rescuing me from dead-end thinking and habits. Thank you for loving me so much that you sent your Son, to take me out of the pit that I was in and remove the sins I was doomed to keep repeating. Amen (Colossians 1:9-14)




*** You can have Wellspring delivered right to your email. Use the box to the left, to subscribe. ***




Prayers and blessings to you today!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...