Tuesday, July 12, 2011

He doesn't need me.

I can remember a day recently where my children called me constantly. “Mom, can  you get me a cup?” “Mom, what are we going to do today?” “Mom, I’m hungry is it time for lunch?” “Mom, what’s for dinner?” “Mom, he took my toy.” “Mom...” “Mom...” “Mom...”
There are moments when I wonder if these needy times will suck the life right out of me. I wonder how I can possibly meet all of their needs. How can I give any more?
The God who made the world and everything in it, this Master of sky and land, doesn't live in custom-made shrines or need the human race to run errands for him, as if he couldn't take care of himself. He makes the creatures; the creatures don't make him. Starting from scratch, he made the entire human race and made the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near. We live and move in him, can't get away from him! One of your poets said it well: 'We're the God-created.' Acts 17:24-29 (MSG)
This passage stirs my heart. God made the world and everything in it. He doesn’t need me to do things for Him. He doesn’t need me for a specific purpose. 
He doesn’t NEED anything from me.
He WANTS me. His only desire is for me to love Him, to spend time with Him and to know Him.
He WANTS me. Just as I am. I don’t have to impress Him. I don’t have to be “Super Mom”. 
The Creator of the Universe is calling me. He is not playing games. He will not run or hide from me.
He WANTS me to seek Him because He has what I NEED.
He WANTS to give me the love, patience and wisdom I NEED to be a great wife, mother and friend.
He WANTS to give me the power I NEED to make better choices.
He WANTS to give me the direction I NEED to live the fulfilled life that He has planned for me.
Contributor: Sujin Jetkasettakorn
But I, by your great love,
   can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
   toward your holy temple.
-Psalm 5:7


Thank you Father, for knowing exactly what I need for today and providing it for me. I am grateful that you don’t ask for more than I have to give. I find comfort in knowing that you love me just as I am. I am forever thankful that you make the sacrifices that I am unable to make. Please fill me today with your love and patience and light so that others will be drawn to you. In Jesus precious name, Amen.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...