Thursday, May 12, 2011

What is on His to do list?

Photographer: Rawich


In Numbers 3-4, I read about God giving the Israelites a to-do list. God is getting ready to move them towards Canaan. As a Mom, I can only imagine what it would be like to move 2 million people, all of their belongings and animals as well. I am a list maker and I think that list would need to be written in a book!
We get a sense of who God is by this passage of scripture. He likes order. If He were to move the Israelites without giving specific instructions on how to move and who is responsible for each part, there would be chaos.
This peek into God’s character is comforting to me. We have already seen how much God loves His people. He delivered them from slavery in Egypt. He has cared for them in the desert, meeting all of their needs. The Israelites have become totally dependent upon Him. He has a plan and a purpose for everything that has happened so far. The next part of His plan is to get His children ready for the abundant gifts He wants to give them. God is asking them to serve Him now with their hands and feet by moving the tabernacle.
The comforting part to me, is that God is not asking His children to do something, without giving them the knowledge, manpower and ability to do it. God had them count all of the strong hands, that are available to serve. God gave them specific instructions and responsibilities to accomplish the task and He is there leading and guiding them along the way.
What is God asking you to do?

Where is He leading you?
Hebrews 13:8 tells us that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. How great is that? Whatever He has planned for you, He is going to provide the knowledge, manpower and ability that you need to accomplish the task. Beth Moore once said, “God is responsible for the how, we are responsible for the what”.
The important thing to remember, however, is that we need to stay in relationship and communication with Him, so that we know the plan. It will be impossible for us to partner with Him if we don’t know our part. It is imperative to be in prayer and in the Word on a regular basis. 
God has things for you to do today. 
Have you asked Him what is on His to do list?
Lord, I give you authority over my time today. What is on your list that I need to accomplish? How can I help you today and further your Kingdom? Thank you Lord, that you will never ask me to do something without providing the means to do it. Thank you for giving me the Holy Spirit to guide me throughout today. I love you and I want to be your hands and feet today. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...