Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Are you juggling and failing?


Lately, I have been feeling like I am dropping things everywhere. It seems like I am trying to juggle so many things right now and I am not handling any of them well. At the end of the day, it looks like I am doing just enough to get by, but not succeeding or excelling at anything.

Today, I feel like I need to take a step back and look at my priorities.  Perhaps I need to refocus my energy on the things that really matter.

Not long ago, I heard author and speaker, Linda Dillow, on Focus on the Family radio program. She was discussing her new book "What's it like to be married to me"? One thing she said that really stuck with me is "look at your life in reverse". At the end of your life, what do you want others to say about you? Linda encouraged everyone to take a look at their life and live for the outcome you want. Do you want to be remembered for your smile? Then start smiling. Do you want to be remembered for your encouragement? Then start encouraging. Do you want to be remembered for your supportive attitude? Then start supporting.

I encourage you to make a list of the things you want people to remember about you. 

Now think about how you are going to achieve those things. What can you do today to change your outlook and your outcome?


What are your priorities?

I began searching the topic of Christian priorities. For most of us, this is not a new concept. I can remember hearing several different Pastors or speakers saying our priorities as a Christian should be:

1. God
2. Spouse
3. Children

I found one website today that added:
4. Our Ministry
5. Job

This same site stated, "We will always have enough time to do God's will, time problems occur when we try to do more than God's will for our own lives. This principle should be a red flag in our minds whenever we find ourselves overwhelmed and unable to accomplish all that we are charged with doing." (by, Jerry Figueroa)

"For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." - 1 Corinthians 14:33


I need to take a look at my priorities and make sure that my actions match up with the way God wants me to live my life. And I need to be held accountable! Starting today I am going to implement a new bedtime routine. I may do this with my kids too! At the end of every day I am going to reflect on how I did with my top 3 priorities.

1. Was I a good Christian today? Did my actions reflect Jesus? Did I do something to strengthen my relationship with God?

2. Was I a good wife today? Does my husband know that I love and respect him? Did I do something today to strengthen our relationship?

3. Was I a good mom today? Was I available when my kids needed me? Did I really listen? Did I strengthen our relationship?

I know that this could be a scary uncomfortable task. But, I don't want to live a life of regret! I want to make the most of the fleeting time I have on this planet.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.- John 10:10

I want to live the full life! I think one of the best things anyone could say about me at the end of my life is, "I know Jesus because of her." I want to start living that way!

Father God, you have established my priorities for me. I want to live the full life that Jesus said was mine. I want to be accountable to you everyday for my words, actions and decisions. Help me to recognize the things that are not my responsibility in this season. I know that I have not accomplished everything the way that you had planned. I know I have stood in my own way at times. I want to stop that today. I trust You and Your plan and I am going to live as your follower, not your advisor. I love you with all my heart, Amen.

There may be some changes around the blog! Are you ready? Are you coming along? Let me know if you want to live life to the full with me. Lets encourage one another!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...