Monday, March 28, 2011

You're Beautiful


Photographer, graur codrin

I will admit that I find it difficult to read the directions for the tabernacle, the alter, the courtyard, the lighting and even the clothing for the priests found in Exodus 29-30. I caught myself wondering “how can I apply this to my life?” I had to take a step back. All scripture is God breathed. There must be a reason it is located in the Bible. There must be something here that I can learn. “Ok Holy Spirit, where is it?”

I love being around women. It has taken me a while to find true friends and to learn each of their special qualities. I have learned to appreciate each of them for their uniqueness. Loving people exactly as they are, is a gift from God and it takes practice. I am not always good at this, but I am learning. There is one thing, however, that still bothers me about women. I don’t like to hear anyone cutting themselves down.

“I’m too big (or fat).”

“I’m not pretty enough.”

“I can’t...”

“I’ll never be able to...”

God does not make mistakes (Numbers 23:19). He is perfect and does everything for His specific purpose and according to His plan.

We are His creation, made in His image (Genesis 1: 26-27). He knit us together (Psalm 139:19) exactly the way He wanted us. Why do we question God and His work?

Believing these lies keep us from fulfilling the plan that God has for us. These lies keep us captive and keep us stuck. These lies combat our faith. By holding on to these lies we are trusting in them rather than trusting in God.

So what does this have to do with the directions for the tabernacle? The tabernacle was a holy place. However, it was a tent, a structure where His spirit would be present. How much more does God care about you? If He put that much time into the planning and the specifics of a tent, how much more did He put into the planning of you? If He was that detailed and careful and creative about the clothing of the priest, how much thought did He put into you, a person that He loves totally and completely. He loves you, just as you are and He sent His son to die for you, just as you are (John 3:16). You are His temple (1 Corinthians 6:19) and He created you, knowing that His spirit would live in you. You are His child and He is well pleased.

What lies are you believing? 
What lies are you holding on to? 


“Beautiful” by Mercy Me

You’re beautiful, You’re beautiful

You are treasured, you are sacred, you are His

You’re beautiful

Praying that you have the heart to fight

Cuz you are more than what is hurting you tonight

For all the lies you’ve held inside so long

But they are nothing in the shadow of the cross

You’re beautiful, You’re beautiful


Father I know that You love me just as I am. I am sorry for speaking against and questioning Your masterpiece. Please show me the lies that I have been holding on to. Christ died to release me from everything that is holding me captive. I want to leave all of the lies behind me, but I am not strong enough to do it alone. I need You. Please help me to move ahead. Give me eyes to see me just as You see me. I love You and I love everything that You have created. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...